Customer Service Update - March 26th
COVID-19 Relief Options Available On Your Mortgage
First Reliance Mortgage wants to let you, our mortgage customer, know about options you have now, or that you may need to know about later, on your mortgage during these uncertain times relating to the COVID-19 virus. We don’t want you to worry or suffer undue hardship when there are ways we can help you. We have put in place measures to protect homeowners the same as what we do for natural disasters such as hurricanes.
We are offering a package of relief options for borrowers having trouble making their mortgage payments because of financial disruptions caused by the virus. Each case will be reviewed individually. These relief measures are effective immediately and apply to borrowers who are unable to make their mortgage payments due to a decline in income resulting from the impact of COVID-19, even if you have not contracted the virus. Borrowers are eligible for relief packages regardless of whether their property is owner occupied, a second home or an investment property.
If you need help go to Covid-19 Hardship as the information there is updated regularly. Once on the site, there is a link with detailed information related to COVID-19 Hardship Assistance.
You may be eligible for a temporary forbearance plan. This option may reduce or suspend your mortgage payment for a specific period of time to allow you to recover from this hardship. To discuss the payment assistance options available to you, please contact our Loss Mitigation specialists at 866-397-5370. A specialist will work with you to discuss your individual circumstances and options. Or you may email any inquiries at: lossmitinquiry@DMIcorp.com
Know that First Reliance Mortgage is doing all we can to help those adversely impacted by the coronavirus. We hope you know you can count on us and invite you to call us if you are experiencing financial challenges due to COVID-19. Know that you all are important to us and we can get through this together. As your local community bank we want to help you stay in your home. We’re not just your bank, we’re your neighbors and friends. We’re here for you all.
Customer Service Update - March 18th
We have additional updates to share as the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to disrupt life across the United States. Below are additional steps First Reliance Bank is taking to keep associates and customers safe and continue to service our customers.
Customer should continue to call our Customer Care Call Center 888.543.5510 for questions or if you need help or to be connected to your banker.
If you need to see a banker in person please contact them to set up an appointment. We encourage as much business be conducted by phone or email as possible in order to protect you and our associate. A or call 888.543.5510 and ask to be connected to your banker.
- Digital Online Services: Please leverage all of the available First Reliance Bank tools and resources for self-service banking and 24/7 account access through our mobile, online and voice banking services. Through these channels, you can check balances, transfer funds, deposit checks or find the nearest ATM. Information can also be found at on other online options such as online or and which includes mobile banking, mobile deposit, easy to use phone banking, Bill Pay, alerts and for businesses. Our apps can be downloaded from the (Android) or the (iphone). If you are not enrolled in Online and Mobile Banking and you need assistance with the process or need any additional assistance, please visit or a branch or contact First Reliance Banks Customer Care Center at 888-543-5510.
- We increased the mobile deposit daily and monthly balance limits for both consumer and business mobile deposits. Consumers can deposit up to 10 checks per day for a combined total of $1,500 and up to 50 checks monthly for a combined total of $2,500. Businesses can deposit up to 10 checks per day for a combined total of $5,000 or up to 50 checks monthly for a combined total of $10,000. Funds will be available within 1 day.
- Businesses may use the night drop at our branches or the drive-thru window drawer during operating hours.
- Stop payments on checks may be made in Online Banking or using 24/7 Phone Banking
- Debit Card: If you need to change the PIN number on your debit card, please use the last four digits of your social security number and then change it at the ATM or by calling our 24/7 Phone Banking number 888.543.5502 and follow the menu options to change your PIN or to activate your card.
- We will be sending out a Skip A Payment email today, March 18th. Customers who qualify will have the option of paying a one-time fee of $50 fee to skip either one month loan payment or they can choose to skip two months of loan payments. If we do not have an email address on your account and you qualify we will have a printed Skip A Payment letter and coupon mailed to you. Effective months for skip a payment are April and May 2020.
If COVID-19 has put a strain on your finances, reach out to us so we can help. We know that many of our customers will be impacted by school closures, travel restrictions and limitations on social gatherings. We're ready to support you during this time of uncertainty.
Please call 1-888-543-5510 with any banking questions or if you need assistance with specific banking activities. We recognize that this is a difficult time that requires all of us to remain cheerful and calm. So stay confident. We're here for you!
Watch for regular updates on this page or on our social media.
The current spread across the U.S. can be tracked on the CDC's website at: