A Business Banking Account with First Reliance is A Good Decision.
It’s easy to get the ball rolling to open an business banking account! Just follow the steps below:
- Complete and submit the preliminary information on the Open a Business Account button below.
- Your information will be sent to a banker who will begin opening your accounts.
- Your banker will call you to set up a convenient date and time for you to come by to sign your paperwork and finish up your account opening documents.
- New Account Forms received by 2pm Monday thru Friday will be contacted the same day.
- Forms sent after 2pm will be contacted before noon the next business day at the latest.
- Identification to bring: Please bring a copy of your Business License
Required Documents to Open an Account by Business Ownership Type
The documents listed below are required whether applying online, over the phone or in one of our stores.
- When visiting a store, bring these required documents with you.
- When applying online or over the phone, fax these documents to us at a later date.
If applicable, the Fictitious Name Certificate or Certificate of Assumed Name or the Business License.
- Partnership Agreement (if there is no agreement, obtain a statement stating so with all partners’ signatures) or filed Limited Partnership Agreement. A copy of the Limited Partnership Agreement that is not filed may be accepted until the state filing is complete.
- If applicable, Fictitious Name Certificate or Certificate of Assumed Name or the Business License.
- If applicable, the LLP registration form filed with the state.
- Limited partnerships must:
- File a certification of the partnership information with the state in which the business has its principle location.
- Include the term limited partnership or LP in their legal name.
- Limited Liability Partnerships or Professional Limited Liability Partnerships must include either LLP or PLLP in the account titles.
LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
- Articles of Organization
- Operating Agreement
- If applicable, the Fictitious Name Certificate or Certificate of Assumed Name or the Business License. Limited Liability Companies must include LLC in the account title.
- Articles of Incorporation or a Certificate of Good Standing
- Corporate Resolution
INCORPORATED OR UNINCORPORATED ASSOCIATIONS OR ORGANIZATIONS OR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
- When the account is opened in the name of the organization, all of the qualification criteria of the entity type, such as corporation, of the organization must be met.
Additional information needed for each owner of 20% or greater for borrowing purposes only:
- Personal Financial Statement (Download Personal Financial Statement in PDF format to fill out and bring in)
- Personal tax returns
- Business financial statements
- Interim financial statements for both the operating company and the holding company (if applicable)
- Federal tax returns
- If a new business, a Business Plan to include projections for first 2 years
- If a franchise, include your Franchise Agreement in your Business Plan
- If you are applying to purchase real estate, the following information is needed
- Purchase Agreement or settlement sheet
- Construction cost budget and/or equipment invoices (if applicable)
We appreciate the opportunity to do business with you and should you have any questions, please call our Customer Care Center at 888.543.5510 or email CustomerCare@firstreliance.com and we’ll be happy to help you.
All products and programs are available and limited to residents or businesses within the metropolitan statistical areas of Charleston, Columbia and Florence as defined by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget. These areas include the following counties: Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester, Calhoun, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lexington, Richland, Saluda, Florence and Darlington.