If you want overdraft service on your ATM and Debit Card Transactions you are required to complete the below Opt-In Form. This form does not enroll you in Bounce Protection. This form is your consent to have any ATM or Debit Card Transaction covered under the standard overdraft service that comes with your account or if you set up overdraft protection from other linked accounts such as a savings account.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. It we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if First Reliance Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $35.00 each time we pay an overdraft
- Also, if your account is overdrawn for 5 or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $1 per day
- There is a daily limit of 12 on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account
What if I want First Reliance Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions call 888.543.5510.
By submitting below form, you are opting in to have overdraft service on all of your accounts for ATM and Debit Card transactions.
Right to Revoke Consent
If you have given your consent to have First Reliance Bank authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, you may revoke that consent at any time by notifying First Reliance Bank as follows:
Call our Customer Care Call Center at 888.543.5510 or stop by a branch and talk to a First Reliance Banker. If this is a joint account, any one of you may revoke the consent on behalf of the other account holder(s).
What You Need to Know About Overdrafts And Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- ACH transactions
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions