Prevention methods carry the most impact in combating and reducing identity fraud. First Reliance Bank offers Consumer and Business Banking checking and debit card customers a comprehensive suite of products, services and account features to help prevent or deter incidents of fraud and identity theft, including:
- Verified by Visa® – for Consumer debit and credit cardholders. Your First Reliance Bank Visa® Debit Card protects your online purchases with Verified by Visa. This free, service confirms your identity when you make an online purchase if the purchase triggers a fraud alert through our service providers fraud detection system. The fraud protection department will contact you by phone if the transaction on your account triggers a fraud alert in the system. There’s no need to download anything or install any software, and there is no service charge. Verified by Visa is just one more way that First Reliance Bank is committed to the security of your account(s).
- Online Banking security components such as layered security.
In order to make your online banking experience as secure as possible, we’ve added an extra layer of security each time you sign on. This extra layer is a Personal Security Image that is customized by you. When you see your personalized image during Online Banking sign on, you’ll know you are on the authentic First Reliance Online Banking site and can safely continue to sign on. When you first register with First Reliance Bank Online Banking, after entering your User ID, you will be prompted to select your new Personal Security Image and Caption settings.This new security feature adds a dual-layer of protection to your online account.
- You’ll know you’re at the authentic First Reliance Online Banking site when you see the Personal Security Image you selected.
- And we’ll know it’s really you trying to access your account by identifying the computers you normally use to log into your account. If we don’t recognize your computer, we’ll ask security questions only you should know the answer to in order to verify your identity.
- Online Statements – Limit the risk of fraud and identity theft by receiving your First Reliance Bank statements online rather than through the mail.
- Extended Validation Secure Socket Layer (EV SSL) certificates – First Reliance Bank uses EV SSL certificates which work with high security browsers, to help you recognize when you are at the legitimate First Reliance Bank site and not a “spoofed” site created by fraudsters for purposes of illegally obtaining your personal and financial information.