The sooner you report fraud or identity theft, the faster First Reliance Bank, other financial institutions and the authorities can take steps to assist you. If you become a victim of fraud, do the following:
- Call First Reliance Bank and let us know your identity has been compromised or stolen.
- Call any other financial institution(s) you deal with and make them aware of the situation.
- Call your credit card companies and ask that access to your accounts be restricted. Open new accounts if necessary.
- Check through your personal documents to determine what items are missing.
- If checks are missing from your checkbook, issue stop payments on each missing check.
- If your driver’s license is stolen, call your local Department of Motor Vehicles office.
- If your Social Security Card is stolen, call the Social Security Administration.
- Ask to have your account numbers, PINs, and passwords changed immediately.
- Ask your bank, brokerage firms and credit card companies to review transactions on all of your accounts.
- File a report with the police and get a copy of it for your records.
- Document what happened when and with whom you spoke.
If you have any questions or concerns about fraud or identity theft, call First Reliance Bank at 888-543.5510.