ONLINE/MOBILE BANKING CONVERSION
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to help you with the Online and Mobile Banking conversion process, we have put together a list of frequently asked questions with answers. Should you need further asistance, contact our Customer Care Call Center by calling 888.543.5510 or email us at email@example.com.
1. Why is First Reliance Bank changing online banking and mobile banking platforms?
First Reliance Bank is strategically focusing on digital banking in order to offer our customers more services that make banking easier for you. This initial conversion step allows us to have a platform on which we can build services that make banking more convenient for you such as online account opening, eSign, easier payment options, customer chat, external transfers, account consolidation, etc.
2. Is there anything I need to do on the launch date of February 22nd?
Yes, all customers will need to validate their users online. To validate, customers are required to have their Access ID, Tax ID/SSN, Account #, Zip Code and Date of Birth. This is a one-time step needed to begin using the new Online Banking or Mobile Banking applications.
3. Will my password change and do I need to update it?
All customers will need to setup new passwords. New passwords will be setup during the validation process.
4. How can I change my password going forward?
There is a “Forgot Your Passcode?” feature that allows customers to reset their passcode. You must validate your account information by entering in the Access ID, primary email address, and one of the account numbers set up for online access. Once you have successfully validated these questions, you will then go through security verification in which you will either have to answer a security question or enter a one-time pin, based on your security settings you have set up. After successfully validating your security, you will be allowed to create a new password.
5. Do I need to do anything with my mobile app?
Yes. For iPhone users, you will uninstall your current First Reliance Bank mobile app and download a new mobile banking app from the Apple App store. For Android users, you will simply update your app from the Google Play Store. Businesses need to download our new Business App from the Apple App store or Google Play Store.
6. How can a new user enroll in online or mobile banking?
New customers can click the Enroll Now link and follow the steps to enroll in online or mobile banking.
7. Will all my accounts automatically be available?
Accounts you presently have setup in online banking will be available. You can add additional accounts in Online Banking.
8. Is my bill pay information that I entered to pay my bills still available?
There will be no change to Bill Pay. Existing settings and features of bill pay will carry over to the new system and mobile app. All bill pay history, scheduled and recurring payments, and payees will convert for you.
9. If I’m a business can I still use one password to sign onto Online Banking and Cash Management?
Yes, all Cash Management will be accessed through online banking. Temporarily, Biz Bill Pay will not be available through the single sign-on. This feature is still in development and will require dual sign-on until complete. The single sign on feature for Bill Pay is expected to be complete by the end of March.
10. As a business I download transactions into Quicken or QuickBooks or other types of money management software. Do I need to do anything so this continues to work?
Yes, we will email customers with information on the steps you need to do prior to the launch date of February 22nd. You MUST do the steps in order for the files to work properly for your next download.
Find those instructions here.
11. Can I still view my eStatement online?
Yes, there will be no change to our eStatement system.
12. Do I need to reset-up Alerts that I currently have set up?
Yes, you will re-set those up in the new Online Banking and You will see a tab in the application called Alerts. You may choose to have them sent to you by Email or SMS Text Message.
13. Are there any current features going away?
Just one, temporarily. Manage Debit Cards On/Off feature won’t be available until June. The new Debit card alerts and controls are planned for 6/30/2021 and will offer more features and benefits and controls for you to use.
14. What else do I need to know?
The My Finance, budget and money management tool is renamed to My Spending. You will need to re-set up goals and customized tracking categories you were using in My Finance.
15. When will internal transfers be completed?
Internal Transfers scheduled for the same business day, and before the cut-off time displayed just below the date field, are processed either immediately or at the end of the business day.
16. Will External (bank to bank) Transfers be available?
Yes, External Transfers will be available as a NEW feature in online banking. Customers will be able to perform external transfers to their accounts at other institutions as long as you have the appropriate account privileges enabled for them.
- What will be the transfer time?
The cut off time for transfers is 4:30 p.m. EST. This is displayed to you on the page when you schedule a transfer.
- Will the date of availability be clearly posted for me to know when funds will be in other account?
Yes, Eternal Transfers that are scheduled three days prior, and before the cut-off time displayed just below the date field, are processed on the date scheduled.